Puerto Asis, Putumayo. July 31, 2020 – La nueva Amerisur, a hydrocarbons company that operates the Platanillo block in a rural area of Puerto Asis municipality, disagrees with protests by some people claiming that the Company has not carried out prevention or monitoring of possible cases of Covid-19. Regarding these false accusations, the Company states that:
- La nueva Amerisur has taken important actions to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in its Platanillo block operations. Since March the Company has implemented rigorous protocols in compliance with national and regional regulations, which include measures such as:
– Reducing field personnel to the minimum needed to ensure the continuity of operations. No employees or contractors with underlying health conditions have been doing field work since March 15.
– Extending work shifts to minimize staff turnover. No visits have been allowed to the field.
– Testing all personnel before starting shifts. If a result is positive, the worker does not go to the field.
– Carrying out additional tests before entering the field and within the field, including the systematic temperature controls, disease prevention and control training, and the provision of personal protection equipment.
– Systematically and meticulously disinfecting all shared areas, using masks and obligating social distancing among workers.
- Due to the serious situation of a significant increase in Covid-19 cases in the department of Putumayo and Puerto Asis municipality in particular, La nueva Amerisur has redoubled its work with the Puerto Asis Mayor’s Office and the municipal Health Department to implement preventative measures. Some of the measures implemented were also agreed with the community. These consist of:
– The installation of three Covid-19 prevention points on the road between La Alea, Cocaya and La Rosa. At each point, a health professional provides information on self-care measures, records the temperature, and provides personal protection equipment.
– Sending an information bulletin by WhatsApp to inform residents of Platanillo of measures being taken by La nueva Amerisur to prevent the spread of Covid-19, in line with the principles of transparency with communities that neighbor the Platanillo block.
- La nueva Amerisur made a second donation of medical equipment to the Puerto Asis Health Department in July to contribute to Covid-19 prevention and treatment activities in the municipality. The donation included items such as visors, face masks, latex gloves, infrared thermometers, and more than 300 antigen tests.
La nueva Amerisur rejects protests and reiterates its openness to dialogue within the framework of respect. The Company will continue to implement protocols aimed at preventing the spread of Covid-19, which were awarded the Safeguard seal by international certification and inspection company Bureau Veritas. It will continue to cooperate with local authorities to overcome this health emergency, demonstrating its commitment to caring for all its workers and neighbors and ensuring their wellbeing.
For further information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org